Mr. Lemoncello's Wondermous Christmas Gift

I received this book for free to reviews but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

This was a lovely return to the world of Alexandriaville, Ohio! I loved seeing Mr. Lemoncello's world through a holiday lense and seeing how he brings fun +games to the holiday season!
Clarence was my favorite character, with his quirky language and eagerness to help! I love the Mr. Lemoncellos series for the fact that it is a story about books and this one reminded my of the fourth book in the original series because. . .well I don't want to tell and spoil it!
Eloise was having a rough Christmas and I felt horrible for her and had so much fun following her on her adventure in the library. It was refreshing to have a new character to see the story though (deviating from Kyle in the OG) and this story was short + sweet.
I loved the cameos and references to the original book and reading this inspired me to do a total reread of the Mr. Lemoncello series and to be transported back into the magic. Mr. Lemoncello isn't as present in this story as the other books, but he still leaves a huge mark on the story. I also want to read a lot of the books mentioned in the story (because what would a Mr. Lemoncello book be without a reading list?) Reading this in late summer, it still put me in a holiday mood so I can't imagine what it would do in winter!
I am so grateful to help promote a book from my childhood series!
If you like holiday stories with a twist, wacky children's books, adventures, and books and books you will love this book!


Comments