I've Got Plans For You

I was sent this book by the publisher but all opinions and thoughts stated are my own!

blurb:
Rory and Celeste seem to be friends on the outside, but on the inside they have been sabotaging and destroying each other since middle school and they each have a dark secret to hold over the other's head. When Rory's boyfriend cheats on her with Celeste, she decides enough is enough and she needs to completely destroy Celeste. At a friend's beach house where everyone is ready to have fun chilling by the pool, Rory slowly starts to leak Celeste's secrets. However, when the whole group is stranded in the house Rory realizes she may not be the only one bent on destruction

thoughts:
I don't often read thrillers where the POV is from the person trying to destroy everyone and I really enjoyed this! It was unique and didn't have some of the tropes from thrillers that often get repeated as well as having smart main characters (not ones who run around like headless chickens). I only rated this 4 stars because the ending wasn't quite as satisfying as I wanted. The ending wasn't what I expected, but not in a good way. I still really enjoyed this thriller and will read anything by Roselyn Clarke!

tropes:
backstabbing friends
stranded in a semi-isolated location
side romance
cunning characters
juicy secrets

read this if you liked: People to Follow, Two Perfect Lies, The Cheerleaders

Comments